Our current delivery charges (excluding VAT) for customers in the UK are listed below.
BI can deliver:
- Under bond to all UK bonded warehouses
- With our own van within the Greater London area [click here to view current duty and tax information], and
- To the rest of the UK via logistics partners and charged at cost [click here to view current duty and tax information].
- We are also pleased to offer free delivery to private customers on all orders over £1,000 (excluding duty and VAT) within mainland UK.
To enquire about delivery times, please contact your account manager or email your requirements to our UK Delivery Coordinator, Alistair Hobdell.
|London Postcodes||1-15 cases||£15|
|16 cases or over||£1 per case|
|Other Mainland UK Addresses||1 case||£15|
|15 cases or over||£2.50 per case|
Hong Kong Deliveryopen
BI offers weekly consolidated air shipments from London to Hong Kong at a rate of GBP 60 per case of 12 bottles.
Air Freight Delivery: London to Hong Kong
BI guarantees the following services to all customers shipping wine from the UK to HK:
- A 2 week lead time for wine shipment from the UK to HK.
- Wine is insured throughout transportation.
- Before transport, BI employees seal all cargo in the UK warehouse, and the wrapping is not reopened until the wine has been landed in the HK warehouse for inspection.
- Once sealed, a forwarder collects and delivers the wine directly to Heathrow airport.
- Goods are then flown from London to Hong Kong on a direct, non-stop air flight in a pressurised aircraft cabin.
- From the plane, BI unloads the wine into an airport temperature-controlled storage facility.
- From the airport, a temperature-controlled truck transports from the airport to BI's HK warehouse.
- Once at BI's Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency (HKQAA) Certified warehouse, the wine is sorted, inspected, and placed in temperature-controlled storage (between 12°C to 16°C and 60% to 85% humidity).
- All wines are clearly labelled with unique rotation numbers, which are logged under the relevant customer's name and individual account code.
- Once at the warehouse, the wines are protected by a state-of-the-art fire system and 24/7 CCTV surveillance of the premises.
- Any wines undelivered or not collected from our HK warehouse after 30 days will be subject to storage charges of GBP 4.00 per case per month.
- Wine storage is available at our Hong Kong warehouse. Please contact your BI HK salesperson or email email@example.com for more information.
Delivery Truck Features
BI's fleet of temperature-controlled vans and trucks all include the following features:
- Temperature-controls set between 14°C and 18°C.
- An ‘Insulated Goods’ container for wine storage.
- Lockable side door.
BI offers weekly consolidated air shipment from the UK to HK at a rate of GBP 60 per case of 12 bottles. Further details to note include:
- The GBP 60 freight charge includes onward delivery in a temperature controlled vehicle to a single delivery address in Hong Kong.
- The minimum shipping charge is GBP 60 (regardless of the number of bottles).
- BI's minimum order value is GBP 100.
- Deliveries to areas such as Tung Chung, Ma Wan, Discovery Bay or outlaying islands will incur an extra toll. Please contact your BI HK salesperson or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Delivery Dates and Times
- BI HK delivers on Monday-Saturday (inclusive).
- BI HK does NOT deliver on Sundays or statutory holidays.
- A private address (home, office, warehouse, hotel, etc) is required for delivery. Deliveries cannot be made to public locations (such as car parks, ferry piers, train / airport terminals,etc)
- Standard deliveries should arrive at their destinations between 10:00 to 14:00 hrs OR 14:00 to18:00 hrs (HK time).
- Cut off times for next-day delivery requests are as follows:
- Monday deliveries must be requested by 13:00 hrs (HK time) on the previous Friday.
- Deliveries on Tuesday to Saturday must be requested by 13:00 hrs (HK time) on the day before delivery.
- BI HK designates the following specific days for warehouse deliveries:
|Crown Wine Cellar||Wednesday|
|Other Warehouses (e.g. Metro Wine Cellar and JAS)||Thursday|
|HK Wine Vaults||Friday|
Further Points to Note
BI SG provides a complete one-stop solution for shipping, storage and local delivery services
1. Monthly air shipment from UK to Singapore at the rate of S$ 222.00 (excl. GST) /case of 12 bottles (ABV which is lesser than 14%) or equivalent.
- Wines are shipped by air under temperature controlled conditions and on a direct flight in a pressurized aircraft cabin.
- Upon arrival to Singapore, our appointed forwarder unloads the wine into a temperature-controlled storage facility and the wines will be moved to our warehouse by a reefer truck.
- The wines will then be ready for Singapore Customs inspection.
- Minimum shipping charge is S$ 222.00 per shipment.
- Apart from air shipments, BI SG provides two sea shipments in a year. This is a more economical way to ship lower priced or large quantity of wine to Singapore. Please contact your account manager for more details.
- This facility uses state-of-the-art technology and the temperature is set at 12°C to maintain a constant temperature and humidity level in Singapore’s climate.
- To ensure the wine is kept in perfect and secure conditions, there is a back-up generator should there be any power outage, including 24 hour CCTV with round the clock surveillance.
- On a monthly basis, BI SG provides an updated inventory of all stocks.
- The current monthly storage charge is S$ 6.50 per case of 12 bottles or equivalent. This includes additional coverage of our BI global marine insurance. You can be assured that all wines purchased from BI or other merchants in our reserves is insured to full replacement value as long as they are shipped on our regular shipments.
- Minimum storage fee is only S$ 6.50/month.
- For local delivery, please send us the request by 12:00 p.m. (excl. weekend & Public Holiday) the day before delivery is required.
- The wine will be transported in a temperature controlled vehicle to your doorstep.
- BI SG also offers bonded delivery to Airport / Port or anywhere in Singapore from our bonded premises. You can be rest assured that we will handle all documentation with Customs and other general services such as bubble wrapping, labelling and repacking. Please contact your account manager for more details.
Shipping Wine to the US
Shipping to the US is handled by a third party shipper and importer. Sea freight can be arranged quarterly. The exact cost will vary depending on delivery destination and value of stock. Prices start at USD 100 per case (9 litres) for shipping to CA. Please contact us for a quote.
For a faster service, delivery charges via air freight are as follows (please allow 10 – 15 days for delivery of ready stock):
|Quantity||Cost in GBP (except Mass + Utah)|
N.B. A charge of 0.6% of invoice value is payable to cover taxation of wine shipments to the USA at point of entry.
Arrange Your Own Shipping
If you would like to make your own arrangements with a shipper of your choice, we will be happy to deliver to your chosen address for onward export. Alternatively, we can make wines available for collection by your nominated shipper. UK delivery terms will apply.
Our American customers can store with the UK's most advanced, long term wine storage facility in the world - Octavian's new Colerne warehouse. All wines can be viewed online via client reserves and you can also take advantage of our innovative 'My Portfolio' system to track, trade and manage wines listed on the LiveTrade platform. Full details of UK storage can be found here.
Selling Your Wine
We understand that selling wine can seem complicated, and so try to offer you the most transparent trading process possible. From individual cases up to the largest collections BI LA provides cash bids and offers, as well as a tailored, cost effective brokerage service.
Contact us on email@example.com make the most of your cellar.