We firmly believe that the case for investing in fine wine is a strong one and that the opportunity to invest ought to be available to everyone.
At the outset, you simply need to consider:
- Decide how much you would like to invest
- Decide the duration of your investment
- Decide the type of portfolio you would like – Balanced, Conservative or Dynamic
Then give some consideration to the following:
The success of the investment rests heavily on the quality of the initial selection. We follow a 3-phase process which is designed to meet your investment objectives:
- You will be assigned an account manager who will take you through some questions to establish your investment target, time horizon and risk appetite. This information will then be passed onto our Investment Group.
- Drawing on your objectives and our proprietary analysis, the Investment Group will select the individual wines for the portfolio. Each wine is allocated a risk weighting and trade outlook.
- Your account manager will contact you to discuss your proposed portfolio and address any questions you may have at this stage.
Price Guarantee and Fees
As a leading merchant, BI is perfectly placed to provide wines at the best price in the market. We want our clients to have complete confidence when making their investments. Accordingly, we commit to match or better the price offered by similarly respected merchants in the UK over the value of the portfolio.
Unique amongst wine merchants, we commit to buying back all LiveTrade wines bought from us, so you will never be left with the uncertainty of whether you can realise your investment when you need to. Our award winning 2-way trading screen, LiveTrade, gives comprehensive and up-to-the minute prices and information for all investment wines.
Beyond storage, there are no fees, for management or otherwise. Plain and simple.
Storage and Tracking
All wines will be kept in optimal conditions at Octavian's Colerne Reserve facility. All wines are clearly labelled with an HMRC approved rotation number and are logged with your own name and individual account code. Photos, condition reports and visits can be arranged on request.
You can also track the value of your portfolio through MyCellar, our online customer accounts system, which shows your up to date valuation, ROI and enables you to trade immediately through LiveTrade.