Merry BIXmas everyone! Oh yes, the festive puns start here in my end-of-year wrap. Yes, they get worse.
It has been a phenomenal 2017 for BIX, which has gone from strength to strength each month and we look set to close the year with a fraction under £2m being offered for sale. One might say BIX is in a stable (get it?!) condition as we step into Christmas. In all seriousness though, all of this is really down to ye faithful BI clients who have supported us with your contributions to BIX throughout the year – both buying and selling – as we could not have done it without you. You’ve been part of our successes in the past and I know you’ll be part of our success in the future so thank you very much.
Now then, in the same way as you can’t have Christmas without Brussells (we’ll leave that for 2019), you definitely can’t let the season go by without a proper wine on the table. Allow the ghost of Christmas present to illuminate the path towards some of our current offerings fit for any wise man or woman:
· JM Boillot Puligny Montrachet Combettes 2002 - £750 per 12 IB (1c/s available)
· Louis Latour Corton Charlemagne 1999 - £80 per bottle IB (2btls available)
· Ramonet Montrachet 2011 - £1200 per bottle IB (2btls available)
· St Prefert Cuvee Clairette Blanc 2011 - £180 per 6 IB (1c/s available)
· St Pierre 2006 - £475 per 12 IB (1c/s available)
· Lynch Bages 1986 - £2200 per 12 IB (1c/s available)
· Grivot Echezeaux 2007 - £1600 per 12 IB (1c/s available)
· Lascombes 1990 - £700 per 12 DP (1c/s available)
Bubbles & Port
· Salon 1959(!!) - £6500 per bottle DP (2btls available)
· Pol Roger Winston Churchill 2000 - £875 per case 3 magnums (1c/s available)
· Taylor 1994 - £100 per bottle DP (12btls available)
· Quinta do Noval Nacional 1963 - £3000 per bottle DP (4btls available)
Usually at this point, I’ll highlight some things you’ve missed but because it’s Christmas…I won’t harp on about it as much. Introducing the ghost of Christmas past:
· Bollinger VVF 1997
· Coche Dury Meursault 2008
· Jaboulet Hermitage la Chapelle 1990
· Yquem 1990 magnums
Don’t forget that whilst our office may be closing at the end of next week, the doors of BIX remain firmly open and if you find yourself with a few moments to spare, take a look at your collections and get trading.
A Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!