Update to UK Deliveries
To protect our valued customers and staff, we are supporting deliveries with reduced interaction. Our drivers will no longer be able to bring deliveries into your home, which means they will be delivering to doorstep only and we won’t be asking you to sign for deliveries.
If you’ve recently placed an order, we are adopting “contact-free” delivery, if you’d like to know more about what this entails and how it’ll affect your delivery or would prefer to arrange storage of your order instead please call us on +(44) (0) 20 7269 0700 or email [email protected]
If you’re planning to place an order, you can enter any additional delivery information at check out which could include a safe place to leave your delivery.
Lastly, if you are self-isolating please do contact our customer services team in advance of your delivery so that we can make suitable arrangements.
Take care of yourselves and others.
Our current delivery charges (excluding VAT) for customers in the UK are listed below.
BI can deliver:
- Under bond to all UK bonded warehouses
- With our own van within the Greater London area [click here to view current duty and tax information], and
- To the rest of the UK via logistics partners and charged at cost [click here to view current duty and tax information].
- We are also pleased to offer free delivery to private customers on all orders over £1,000 (excluding duty and VAT) within mainland UK.
To enquire about delivery times, please contact your account manager or email your requirements to our UK Delivery Coordinator, Alistair Hobdell.
|London Postcodes (N, NW, W , SW, SE, E, WC & EC)||1-15 cases||£15|
|16 cases or over||£1 per case|
|Other Mainland UK Addresses||1 case||£15|
|15 cases or over||£2.50 per case|
BI can deliver all across Europe.
Due to the complexities of import taxes, regulations and variations in transport time, we quote for delivery on an individual basis depending on the size of your order and your specific requirements.
If you wish to obtain a delivery quote before placing your order, please contact our Export Department
Alternatively please go ahead and place your order and a member of our sales team will contact you to discuss your requirements and obtain a quote.
Hong Kong Deliveryopen
Please note charges have been changed as of 21st April, a temporary revision in light of increased costs and disruptions to freight forwarding owing to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope that these increases and the disruptions to the scheduling of our shipments that we are experiencing is temporary, if you need any support for a current or new order please contact [email protected]
BI offers twice monthly consolidated air shipments from London to Hong Kong at a rate of GBP 85 per case of 12 bottles.
Air Freight Delivery: London to Hong Kong
BI guarantees the following services to all customers shipping wine from the UK to HK:
- A 2 week lead time for wine shipment from the UK to HK.
- Wine is insured throughout transportation.
- Before transport, BI employees seal all cargo in the UK warehouse, and the wrapping is not reopened until the wine has been landed in the HK warehouse for inspection.
- Once sealed, a forwarder collects and delivers the wine directly to Heathrow airport.
- Goods are then flown from London to Hong Kong on a direct, non-stop air flight in a pressurised aircraft cabin.
- From the plane, BI unloads the wine into an airport temperature-controlled storage facility.
- From the airport, a temperature-controlled truck transports from the airport to BI's HK warehouse.
- Once at BI's Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency (HKQAA) Certified warehouse, the wine is sorted, inspected, and placed in temperature-controlled storage (between 12°C to 16°C and 60% to 85% humidity).
- All wines are clearly labelled with unique rotation numbers, which are logged under the relevant customer's name and individual account code.
- Once at the warehouse, the wines are protected by a state-of-the-art fire system and 24/7 CCTV surveillance of the premises.
- Any wines undelivered or not collected from our HK warehouse after 30 days will be subject to storage charges of GBP 4.00 per case per month.
- Wine storage is available at our Hong Kong warehouse. Please contact your BI HK salesperson or email [email protected] for more information.
Delivery Truck Features
BI's fleet of temperature-controlled vans and trucks all include the following features:
- Temperature-controls set between 14°C and 18°C.
- An ‘Insulated Goods’ container for wine storage.
- Lockable side door.
BI offers twice monthly consolidated air shipment from the UK to HK at a rate of GBP 85 per case of 12 bottles. Further details to note include:
- The GBP 85 freight charge includes onward delivery in a temperature controlled vehicle to a single delivery address in Hong Kong.
- The minimum shipping charge is GBP 85 (regardless of the number of bottles).
- BI's minimum order value is GBP 100.
- Deliveries to areas such as Tung Chung, Ma Wan, Discovery Bay or outlaying islands will incur an extra toll. Please contact your BI HK salesperson or email [email protected] for more information.
Delivery Dates and Times
- BI HK delivers on Monday-Saturday (inclusive).
- BI HK does NOT deliver on Sundays or statutory holidays.
- A private address (home, office, warehouse, hotel, etc) is required for delivery. Deliveries cannot be made to public locations (such as car parks, ferry piers, train / airport terminals,etc)
- Standard deliveries should arrive at their destinations between 10:00 to 14:00 hrs OR 14:00 to18:00 hrs (HK time).
- Cut off times for next-day delivery requests are as follows:
- Monday deliveries must be requested by 13:00 hrs (HK time) on the previous Friday.
- Deliveries on Tuesday to Saturday must be requested by 13:00 hrs (HK time) on the day before delivery.
- BI HK designates the following specific days for warehouse deliveries:
|Crown Wine Cellar||Wednesday|
|Other Warehouses (e.g. Metro Wine Cellar and JAS)||Thursday|
|HK Wine Vaults||Friday|
Further Points to Note
BI SG continues to provide a complete one-stop solution for shipping, storage and local delivery services. However, owing to the Covid-19 pandemic, please note that charges have been changed as of 21st April. This is a temporary revision in light of increased costs and disruptions to freight forwarding. We hope that these increases and the disruptions to the scheduling of our shipments that we are experiencing is temporary, if you need any support for a current or new order please contact Angelina Teh.
1. BI SG stores our dutiable and bonded wine with one of the few licensed warehouse operators in Singapore, Singapore Wine Vault.
- This facility uses state-of-the-art technology and the temperature is set at 12°C to maintain a constant temperature and humidity level in Singapore’s climate.
- To ensure the wine is kept in perfect and secure conditions, there is a back-up generator should there be any power outage, including 24 hour CCTV with round the clock surveillance.
- On a monthly basis, BI SG provides an updated inventory of all stocks.
- The current monthly storage charge is S$ 4.50 per case of 12 bottles or equivalent. This includes additional coverage of our BI global marine insurance. You can be assured that all wines purchased from BI or other merchants in our reserves is insured to full replacement value as long as they are shipped on our regular shipments.
- Minimum storage fee is only S$ 4.50/month.
- For local delivery, please send us the request by 12:00 p.m. (excl. weekend & Public Holiday) the day before delivery is required.
- The wine will be transported in a temperature controlled vehicle to your doorstep.
- BI SG also offers bonded delivery to Airport / Port or anywhere in Singapore from our bonded premises. You can be rest assured that we will handle all documentation with Customs and other general services such as bubble wrapping, labelling and repacking. Please contact your account manager for more details.